fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] print vs. logging

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] print vs. logging
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:37:09 -0400

Hi Bruno,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Bruno Clermont
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The only thing that don't fit is the way fabric print output of
> operations. It print straight into stdout.
>
> Is it feasible to use python logging module instead of print?

I've definitely been considering working the logging module in
sometime, probably in the way you mention, and for the same reason --
library use. As you noticed, right now the code is largely
CLI-oriented.

Looks like I have a ticket in this general area:

    http://code.fabfile.org/issues/show/57

Feel free to add comments to that, and/or a link to your clone if it's
up on Github, or a patch attachment or whatever :)

Otherwise, just know that for version 1.0 (which is likely to follow
0.9 closely-ish -- i.e. shouldn't be another 6+ month wait) I'll be
focusing on this sort of library-oriented feature set.

Thanks,
Jeff