fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] put() question

From: Kevin Horn
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] put() question
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:00:03 -0500

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Jeff Honey <address@hidden> wrote:
> While I can't speak to Windows specific issues, I think this may
> actually be simpler -- try slapping an 'r' before your Windows file
> path string, i.e. r'c:\blah.txt'. I think what's happening is the "\b"
> is turning into a backspace or similar, since backslash is used for
> string escapes. (see also \n, \t etc).
> Using raw strings, r"my string here", should eliminate most of that
> escaping related behavior.

That's what I get for my Python newbiness. I made the local_file a raw string and it worked like a charm.

thanks!!

Alternately, you could also do: 'c:\\blah.txt'.  The double backslash scapes teh backslash character...thus making it a backslash...if that makes any sense.

It's mostly a matter of taste, but sometimes one form is better than the other for whatever you happen to be working on.

Kevin Horn