fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] fabric 1.0.0 breaks on Mac OS X Snow Leopard, python 2.6.

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] fabric 1.0.0 breaks on Mac OS X Snow Leopard, python 2.6.1
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 10:58:47 -0500

Hi Michael,

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 8:08 PM, Michael Bravo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after not finding much activity on IRC

Out of curiosity, when were you asking on IRC? I was online most of
the day yesterday (Sunday the 6th) but I don't recall seeing your
question :(

> So here goes. First of all, and very unluckily, upgrade to 1.0.0 broke
> fabric for me.

Quick side note -- there's no immediate pressure to upgrade to 1.0.x
if you don't need the new features. 0.9.x is still supported and will
keep getting bugfixes for at least a little while. Something to
consider :)

> Upon running a fabfile I was happily using with 0.9.4 I
> now receive:
>
>  File
> "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/Fabric-1.0.0-py2.6.egg/fabric/operations.py",
> line 726, in _execute
>    rows, cols = _pty_size()
>  File
> "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/Fabric-1.0.0-py2.6.egg/fabric/operations.py",
> line 50, in _pty_size
>    buffer)
> IOError: [Errno 25] Inappropriate ioctl for device

Thanks for the traceback -- I've already seen one other (different)
error in this part of the code, so I'll be scrutinizing it soon to see
what needs fixing.

Could you let me know what your fabfile looks like, and how you
invoked Fabric on the command line? That would help me duplicate the
problem on my end.

> On a slightly related note, I have been unable to access Fabric's
> Redmine instance - [...] - I can't log in.

What exactly happens when you log in -- does it tell you your
username/password are incorrect? What is your username? I'm not seeing
anybody with your first/last name in the list. Sorry you're having
problems with it :(

Thanks,
Jeff

--