fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] workon

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] workon
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:43:35 -0400

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 5:14 AM, Jiri Barton <address@hidden> wrote:

> with --show=debug gives me
>
> bash: workon: command not found

Right -- what I'd like to see is the [hostname] run: /bin/bash -l -c
"..." stuff that should have been printed out by Fabric just before it
actually gives you the above error :)

It *should* look like /bin/bash -l -c "workon mymy && ls", but I
wanted to make sure.

> The question is what is in your .bash* .* files that makes it work? I
> don't know what to put where. Here's what I have at the end of my
> .bashrc on the remote machine:
>
> export WORKON_HOME=~/envs
> . /usr/local/bin/virtualenvwrapper.sh

That looks just like what I have (other than using 'source' instead of
'.', but they are equivalent). I'm guessing your bashrc is not
executing fully (i.e. one of the commands in the middle is silently
failing)? Try sticking those commands farther up in the bashrc, or
stick some echo statements throughout to see where it stops executing
so you know what to fix.

Good luck,
Jeff