fab-user

[Fab-user] lcd fails on Windows

From: Robin Pellatt
Subject: [Fab-user] lcd fails on Windows
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:53:18 +0100

Hi,

I’ve been trying out fabric 1.0 on Windows XP with Python 2.7.  This simple script fails:

from fabric.api import lcd, local, env

def test():

    with lcd('d:\\'):

        print env.lcwd

        local('dir')

Here’s the output:

>fab test

d:\

[localhost] local: dir

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Fatal error: local() encountered an error (return code 1) while executing 'dir'

Aborting.

As you can see, env.lcwd is set correctly, but is not used properly.  It looks like there’s some Unix specific path manipulation in the function _change_cwd() in context_managers.py.  Is this already caught in 1.0.1 or shall I raise a ticket?

Regards

Robin