fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] How to skip a host that gives auth errors?

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] How to skip a host that gives auth errors?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:12:10 -0400

Hi Mohamed,

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Mohamed Lrhazi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there a way to
> say: 'Fine, I cant login to that one, keep going"?

Not presently, but there are a number of angles we plan to fix in that
particular area. One of them will be out in 1.1 but doesn't really fix
your problem (it's more for ensuring that prompts don't hang execution
forever, but it aborts instead of skipping):

    http://code.fabfile.org/issues/show/189

The other is a closer match; previously it was only for skipping
unreachable hosts, but I just tweaked it to include connection auth
failures as well, since I think they're both the same general use
case:

    http://code.fabfile.org/issues/show/8

So you'll want to watch #8, which is currently slated for Fabric 1.2.

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier