fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Kerberos

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Kerberos
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 09:52:15 -0700

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Chris Withers <address@hidden> wrote:

> It would make enormously happy to see progress on this. I wish I could help
> but I am thoroughly clueless in the ways of ssh authentication.

I wish we supported it too. Unfortunately I have zero experience with
or need for Kerberos myself and while it's clearly a blocker for those
who need it, that group is a minority, so it's been better for me to
prioritize on other things :(

FWIW the support needed is mostly on the 'ssh'/Paramiko side of things
-- not Fabric itself. We do have a closed ticket about it:

    https://github.com/fabric/fabric/issues/195

If anybody wants to double check and see if someone submitted Kerberos
support to Paramiko's bug tracker in the last 2 years, that's probably
a good place to start. Otherwise we have to wait until somebody
familiar with the protocol shows up in either community.

Regards,
Jeff