fab-user

[Fab-user] User interface project

From: Kemp Joe
Subject: [Fab-user] User interface project
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 19:11:35 +0000

I just uploaded a UI I built that uses the Fabric run command to execute commands on remote servers.  So it’s kind of a UI on top of Fabric but not exactly.  It uses two text files, a server list and command list, to build the UI in wxPython.  This is a thick client, not a web app.  Config file samples are available with the source file.

I thought I would toss it out there in case someone finds it useful.  If there is interest I can clean it up and figure out the best place for it to live.  Here is a screenshot https://github.com/jkemp101/fabric/blob/ControllerUI/fabric/contrib/ControllerUI/screenshot.PNG?raw=true to get an idea of what it looks like.  I have found it useful to fit between running commands manually on servers but not needing the full power of Fabric to automate the tasks.  It is also useful for administrators that are not familiar with python/programming concepts.

The source can be viewed here: https://github.com/jkemp101/fabric/tree/ControllerUI/fabric/contrib/ControllerUI

Let me know what you think,
-Joe