fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] help passing a hashed password

From: Marshel Helsper
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] help passing a hashed password
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 16:12:13 -0400

Would this work?

sudo("echo {password} | passwd --stdin
{user}".format(password=password,user=username))

As for being able to specify from the command line, just make sure the task
you're using has those parameters. Something like what I used to test the above
command.

@task
def change_password(user, password):
    sudo("echo {0} | passwd --stdin {1}".format(password, user))

Hope that helps. The issue there, of course, is that the password isn't
pre-hashed before going across the network.

Thanks,

Marshel Helsper
QA/Release Engineer
NetProspex Inc.