fab-user

[Fab-user] Task dependencies, parallel execution, etc.

From: Andres Riancho
Subject: [Fab-user] Task dependencies, parallel execution, etc.
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 11:55:13 -0300

List,

    I've been using Fabric for a while and feel comfortable enough
with it and the scripts I have to start breaking them :) The problem
is simple:

Task A:
    Function A1
    Function A2
    Function A3

Task B:
    Function B1
    Function B2
    Function B3: To start it requires A2's result

Task C:
    Function C1
    Function C2: To start it requires A3's and B3's result
    Function C3

    Today I'm running A(), B(), C(). The problem is that execution
times for some of the functions is long (wait for an amazon RDS
database to start: about 10min of doing nothing else than waiting), so
I want to be able to run the tasks/functions in parallel.

    Does fabric provide any solution for this issue? Thanks!

Regards,
--
Andrés Riancho
Project Leader at w3af - http://w3af.org/