fab-user

[Fab-user] Importing Fabric Library Locally

From: Andrew Latham
Subject: [Fab-user] Importing Fabric Library Locally
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 09:15:56 -0400

All....

I am attempting to load pycrypto, paramiko, and fabric from a local
directory called static.

I have a project as follows

project/project.py
project/static/pycrypto
project/static/paramiko
project/static/fabric

#!/usr/bin/env python
import sys, re, logging
sys.path.append('static/pycrypto/lib/Crypto')
sys.path.append('static/paramiko/paramiko')
import Crypto
import paramiko

I have pycrypto and paramiko importing correctly and printing their
version as a test.

When I attempt to do the same with fabric it does not work.  I can
specify a file or function to load and use it. Importing the api.py
fails.  I doubt I am the first to hit this.

--
~ Andrew "lathama" Latham address@hidden http://lathama.net ~