fastcgipp-users

[Fastcgipp-users] FastCGI++ in daemon with lighttpd configuration error

From: Michael Bend
Subject: [Fastcgipp-users] FastCGI++ in daemon with lighttpd configuration error
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 11:32:59 +0000

FastCGI++-users,

I am currently attempting to use the FastCGI++ (version 2.1) library
within an application I am writing. The application will run as a
daemon on a linux machine, with a status webpage served through
lighttpd. I'm intending to use the FastCGI++ interface to
periodically, automatically update the status webpage.

I have started by adding a thread to my application which creates an
instance of the FastCGI++ Manager, and echos a string literal in
response to any request (essentially the same as the Hello World
example).

However, I cannot seem to access this in the browser, and I suspect I
have incorrectly configured the lighttpd fastcgi module
(/etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf included below). The lighttpd error log
records that there is "No such file or directory on unix:
/tmp/Myapp.sock".

What is the correct way of configuring lighttpd to interface with a
daemon implementing the fastcgi++ library?

Thanks,
Mike Bend

cat /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf:

server.modules = (
"mod_access",
"mod_alias",
"mod_compress",
  "mod_redirect",
        "mod_rewrite",
"mod_cgi",
"mod_fastcgi",
)

server.document-root        = "/var/www/html"
server.upload-dirs          = ( "/var/cache/lighttpd/uploads" )
server.errorlog             = "/var/log/lighttpd/error.log"
server.pid-file             = "/var/run/lighttpd.pid"
server.username             = "www-data"
server.groupname            = "www-data"
server.port                 = 80

cgi.assign = (".py" => "/usr/bin/python3")
fastcgi.debug = 1
fastcgi.server = ( "/device" => ((
"socket" => "/tmp/Myapp.sock",
"check_local" => "disable",
"docroot" => "/"
))
)

index-file.names            = ( "index.php", "index.html",
"index.lighttpd.html" )
url.access-deny             = ( "~", ".inc" )
static-file.exclude-extensions = ( ".php", ".pl", ".fcgi" )

compress.cache-dir          = "/var/cache/lighttpd/compress/"
compress.filetype           = ( "application/javascript", "text/css",
"text/html", "text/plain" )

# default listening port for IPv6 falls back to the IPv4 port
include_shell "/usr/share/lighttpd/use-ipv6.pl " + server.port
include_shell "/usr/share/lighttpd/create-mime.assign.pl"
include_shell "/usr/share/lighttpd/include-conf-enabled.pl"