fbi-improved-devel

[fim-devel] Display image at X + Y

From: Patrick
Subject: [fim-devel] Display image at X + Y
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 12:25:00 -0400

Hi Everyone

This is a development list. I have seen some projects that used the devel list for both development and user inquires. I hope it's okay to post a user inquiry here, please ignore my email if not.

I read through the man pages for fim and fimrc but I did not see what I was looking for.

I would like to use fim with an ncurses based application I am writing. I am wondering if it is possible to display and image at specific coordinates? If I did not write or read from a given part of the screen using ncurses calls, could I write to this part of the screen using fim?

I am hoping to display a small graph in the upper right hand corner of my application.

Alternatively is it possible to use screen or tmux and have fim work within a pane? Frmo what I have rad this does not seem possible and my simple experiments have failed.

Thanks for reading and sorry in advance if this was the wrong place to post this question-Patrick