ff3d-dev

Re: [ff3d-dev] cvs version as of 11-13-06 does not build

From: osman b
Subject: Re: [ff3d-dev] cvs version as of 11-13-06 does not build
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 21:17:44 -0500

On Thursday 16 November 2006 12:57, Stephane Del Pino wrote:

> It seems that you are compiling the code on a 64bit machine. I have also
> tried on an opteron (Debian system) and it compiles without any problems.

Yes AMD 3700+ SuSE10.0 64 bit

> Can you try to compile the code with the 'configure --enable-optimize'
> option. I have noticed some very very long linkage time for recent version
> of g++ when using the debug symbols (-g) with this option, linkage is
> instantaneous ...
> Tell me if it changes something.

I updated using cvs update, made distclean,  autoreconf -i , and configure
--enable-optimize, but ended up with the same error. I have never seen this
kind of error before. Since it happened during the link I tried different gcc
version (4.2) but that did not help either. I am going to re-build other
systems  elmer, dolfin just to make sure gcc and its libs are OK.
Will let you know what happened.
Best regards,
osman
--