ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] (no subject)

From: Benoit DESJARDINS
Subject: [ff3d-users] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:52:52 +0100 (CET)

Hello
As a big fan of freefem in 2D for almost ten years, I am trying to learn about
ff3d.
I got a couple of problems and questions that some of you may already have
encountered.
many thanks in advance
Benoit

Questions about FF3D

1) Mesh
     a. GMSH
             i. Freefem3D used to work fine with GMSH type format. Since the V2
version of GMSH, file formats have changed,   which makes GMSH incompatible
with Freefem3D. The format differences are described in the pdf documentation
on GMSH web site.

            ii. Did anyone try to take account of boundary conditions with GMSH
meshes (identify parts of surface boundary with specific boundary conditions).

     b. In the case of Cartesian structured meshes, is it possible to use
meshes with geometrical progressions.

     c. Do adaptmesh – like functions exist in FF3D like in 2D (I am a big fan
of 2D adaptmesh function) ?

2) Inputs

     a. Can one read a scalar function on a given mesh (like .bb formats) ?

3) Outputs

     a. In case of vtk postprocessing files (or other formats), one would like
to write a list of scalar + vectors in a single file.
     save(vtk,fichier_toto,{a,b,c,d,e},M)) ?

4) On a longer term, will the code be parallelized? Mesh partitioning for
domain decomposition ?