fgs-bs

[Fgs-bs] EOT\n\nEOT

From: Desired Username
Subject: [Fgs-bs] EOT\n\nEOT
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 05:22:24 -0700 (PDT)

(I'm sending this to the list because we should be
saving these little doc-type things.  [But maybe on a
new list?]  I'm ccing you directly so you get it
before Xmas.)

All right, I know what this is and I've fixed it.  But
the fact that it caused a problem to the client means
that that code will need to be adjusted as well.

You probably have already noticed that Notify and
Reply are different.  That's because Notify sends a
message to someone that's unaware they are going to
receive data (i.e. they already have a prompt) and
Reply sends one to someone waiting for a message.
WELL.  Our NotifyOccupants was Notifying every
occupant, including the person who sent the data.  But
that person is actually waiting for a Reply.  So they
were getting messed up.

I looked at com_shout and it just skips the shouting
player.  So I added a "skip" param to NotifyOccupants,
which indicates who, if anyone, to skip.

Now, what I could do is add a ReplyOccupant for all
those commands like room_tell and send the data back
to the client.  But is that really necessary?  The
client already knows what the player telled, couldn't
it just add that to the box immediately?  I guess that
could cause some synchronization issues in case of
lag...

?