fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] Monthly update

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] Monthly update
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:24:42 -0700

Hi everyone

A lot of the admin team had to travel during this month so updates have been few and far between. Here is a summary of our activities this month:

* New Members
 - Marcu joined and is looking into the optics chapter
 - Jeffrey joined and is looking into some of the chemistry chapters

* The draft book covers are ready for general comments we just haven't
  had time to put them on the website - Lynn also put some ideas
  together for our Biology, Computer Science and Geography book covers
   - for when we get there of course

* Spencer and Rory are attending a workshop to analyse our proposal
  for the Innovation Bazaar - we will submit a new one next week -
  although we did well on the old one.

* Our application to form a Non-Profit Organisation in SA is ready
  and the constitution is in CVS in "other/constitution.tex". I will
  circulate a pdf file soon.

* We contacted a group called Teach Out at the University of Cape
  Town and they will meet with us next month to see if they can
  use our content or help us finish the books. We can get feedback from
  them and the Ikamva group over the next few months.

* We have been in contact with the author of the books on
  www.lightandmatter.com and we can use his content. If anyone
  finds it useful let us know and we'll arrange to get the
  source released for it.

* We sent letters to many departments at various universities in SA
  asking them to advertise our project amongst their students and
  staff. In all 24 letters were sent.

Hope everyone is well.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Horner Jabber/AIM/Yahoo: marknewlyn

Co-author:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

Windows 9x, NT & 2K is a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.