fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] FHSST / Shuttleworth Foundation cooperation

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] FHSST / Shuttleworth Foundation cooperation
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:10:23 -0700

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let everyone know of an exciting development regarding cooperation between us and the Shuttleworth Opensource division (not related to the Innovation Bazaar hosted by their Education division which we are also attending).

We have reached an informal understanding they will use our content as the basis for web-based lessons to be used in their tuXlabs they have been setting up in various schools (at least 64 already!). More info on tuXlabs can be found on:

http://www.tsf.org.za/index.php?option=content&task=blogsection&id=30

The important points are:

- we agree on the licencing completely
- they'll co-brand the content so we can get some advertising (this hopefully will help with our books being accepted later) - we are still 100% committed to producing printed texts this just saves us the effort of moving stuff over to a web-based format and it saves them having to write content from scratch :)

Of course there are always details to be finalised and agreed upon but I just wanted to let everyone know about this very positive development!

I would also like to remind everyone that Spencer and Rory will be travelling to Johannesburg on the 25th October to participate in the Shuttleworth Foundation Innovation Bazaar where we hope to raise money to get things really rolling next year.

More info on the innovation bazaar on:

http://www.tsf.org.za/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=188&Itemid=30

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Horner Jabber/AIM/Yahoo: marknewlyn

Co-author:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

Windows 9x, NT & 2K is a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.