fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] Final writing competition proposal

From: Heather Gray
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] Final writing competition proposal
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:18:59 -0700

Hi Mark,

The proposal looks pretty good!  Now all we need to do it find money...

One technical comment: the version you sent me looked really weird in gv (but ok in acrobat). If you are planning to distribute it electronically you might want to looking into make the format more standard (I'm guessing this is a pdf from OpenOffice).

I hadn't read it before, but I picked up a couple of typos, listed below. I have have a few wording change suggestions.

p1 I'd break up the long sentence in the second paragraph into two, so that the letter is more readable.
p3 add a space in  AfricanChemical
p4 Change "we propose that prizes will be made available" to "we propose that prizes be made available"
Change "We propse" to "We propose"
I'd suggest changing (more than one entry is allowed) to (more than one entry per person per section is allowed), because it confused me the first time I read it. Rule 2. Change "including all the criteria" to "according to the specified criteria"
p5 "such as posters to be put up" to "such as posters to be displayed"
Change fullstop to comma in: In this way, sponsors...
I'd remove "All sponsors will be publicises as part of the competition" and "Additionally" because the last paragraph seems somewhat repetitive. Or otherwise change the word publicised so something else. This paragraph is really important because it is the one that may convince them to give us the money.

Sorry my suggestions are late!
Heather

Mark Horner wrote:

Hi everyone

After receiving some suggestions and comments (as well as some numbers) I have finished off the writing competition proposal.

The final draft can be downloaded (549kB) from either of these links:

http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst/WritingCompetitionIdeas.pdf

OR

http://stary2-02.lbl.gov/WritingCompetitionIdeas.pdf

Please take a look and if you find any problems ideas please send them in.

We now need to come up with a list of potential sponsors.

Cheers,

Mark