fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] Hermanus magnetic observatory

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] Hermanus magnetic observatory
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 08:04:54 -0700

Hi all

I got the email below from a representative of the Hermanus Magnetic Observatory (the South African magnetic observatory). They are asking to use our content as a basis for an
online course.

I have told them that one of our primary objectives is to make a resource that other people can build on and they are most welcome to use it. I also asked if they would be prepared to help finish off Physics as they have resources allocated for content development that way we all benefit.

FHSST will make a difference even before we have any printed books :)

Cheers,

Mark
--- Begin Message --- Subject: [Fhsst-admin-priv] Email to Mark from FHSST website Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:30:47 +0200

Hi Mark

Great work, I would love to help in any way possible.

At the HMO, apart from our normal research, we are also responsible for science outreach, awareness and development. To that end we have just build a new science center and have started to use Moodle to host content for some of our graduate awareness courses.

I would dearly like to be able to extend the Moodle content to be able to provide our school learners a coordinated learning platform where they can interact with the education staff here at the HMO. Your text seams to be the right basis for this project. Would we be able to use it to create a Moodle course?

You can visit our site at http://moodle.hmo.ac.za

Please let me know if you would like access to any of the graduate type courses.

Regards

Lindsay

Mr. Lindsay Magnus
Research Physicist: Hermanus Magnetic Observatory
E-mail:    address@hidden
Web:       http://www.hmo.ac.za
Phone:    +27-(0)28 312 1196

Cell:        +27-(0)82 453 0704