fhsst-maths

[Fhsst-maths] FHSST Maths Progress

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: [Fhsst-maths] FHSST Maths Progress
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:20:12 +0000

hi everyone,

just checking to see how everyone is doing on the FHSST front. we are getting quite a lot of content! which is incredible considering where we were this time last year. we now have 189 pages!!! (the latest PDF is on the new FHSST website)

as to the status of all the chapters, we have 6 chapters currently being worked on!

 - Richard is making excellent progress writing Numerics from scratch!
 - Katie has contributed some brilliant edits to the patterns chapter
 - Clare is rewriting her differentiation chapter to meet the syllabus
 - Bianca is writing Finance from scratch... i can't wait to see it :-)
- Soshan is writing the basic algebra section from scratch... its an important one as
    we gotta get the fundamentals *just* right
 - lmatoti is editing data
 - lxaba is editing geometry

we have Nolene and Jothi waiting me me to give them something to do :-)

and on inactive status are:
 - Marc (Krawitz)
 - Brad Preston
 - Prashant Arora
who were quite busy the last time we spoke... please drop me a line if things clear up in your schedule and i can find you something to get busy again! ;-)

unfortunately we have to say goodbye (and thanks for all the fish!) to Sean Riddle and Luke Jordan, as they have other commitments at the moment. you guys have helped us out greatly and we all appreciate your contributions thus far! we hope you guys can find the time to rejoin our ranks at a later date, as you will be most welcome.

if any of you are not subscribed to the FHSST-Maths mailing list. i think that includes:
 - Katie
 - Bianca
 - Soshan
 - lmatoti
 - lxaba
 - Prashant
 - Nolene
 - Jothi
if you guys could please go to:
to subscrirbe, and then when you are subsribed (you will need to send a confirmation email); please send an email to the list saying hi and listing some of your maths background and maybe what you'd like to write/edit. mentioning your LaTeX experience would also be appreciated... or anything else you feel important! the traffic on this list is very low, so you won't be spammed. and you can unsubscribe at any time.

don't forget that the intro for new authors, technical notes and syllabus PDFs are here:
  http://fommil.homeunix.org/~samuel/fhsst/

and thanks again guys/gals!

if you could all reply to this message to confirm your current status, that would be great! or if i (god forbid!) have missed anyone out, please let me know about it.

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts