fhsst-maths

FHSST-Maths: August Report

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: FHSST-Maths: August Report
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 17:46:19 +0100

Hello again team,

Unfortunately August did not see as much contribution to the book as I would like to see, the only contribution came from our new Trig author Andy Higginbotham... he has practically rewritten Trig! :-D That's excellent as trig was mostly resident in the "old maths" not- syllabus compliant section. I'm just waiting for a few small edits on that before we remove the old section and use his new version in the master.

Having said that, Greg and Bianca are busy editing Finance in Word .doc format and are just meeting trouble during the LaTeXing stage. Recently on the author's list, Melanie Stefan offered to help out with Word2LaTeX conversion so maybe that will speed things up (let me know what she says guys!)

I apologise for my own lack of contribution as life is a bit hectic here (PhD nearing an end, business start-up stuff, moving house *again* and an office move coming up. with a conference in the middle of it all. eek!)... though I have a bunch of paper and pen edits to add to numbers and our new editor Gustav Bertram has sent some text to incorporate.

Let's hope for more contributions this month; on the next round of assignments I will be considering how much work is being committed before delegating out sections! Too many sections are going without regular contributions at the moment.

Good luck everyone!

cheers,
Sam
--