fiasco-dev

New to list

From: John Lamb
Subject: New to list
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:34:31 +0000

I saw your request for help on gnu.org and may be able to do some
things. I have a background in mathematics/engineering/operations
research and have published papers on statistical methodology. I can
program in a number of computer languages and most of my current work
(stochastic optimisation and discrete-event simulation) is in C++/STL.
Hence I can write C.

I may be able to help with writing code for specific tests and anlyses.
I know how to carry out a large number of common statistical tests
accurately and efficiently. For example, I think I could write a better
version of Fisher's exact test than SPSS currently has. I have written
code for multiple regression analysis and know where to find references
to the numerical analysis problems that are associated with it, to write
rather more robust code.

John D Lamb