fle3-dev

[Fle3-dev] Import performance

From: Bo Granlund
Subject: [Fle3-dev] Import performance
Date: Thu Jun 13 11:39:02 2002

Hi there,

I'm in the process of importing a fle3 system to a newer version. The
dump is not huge (6 MB), and it has already been at it for some 20
minutes. The machine I'm doing this on is a p3-933MHz. Now consider
we have a fle3 system that has a thousand  user, and a million
messages. Importing this will take days on even the fastest computer
in the world.

Does anyone have insight on why ImportExport manages to spend such
ridiculous amounts of time importing stuff?

best regards,
Bo