fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Migrating translation files to .po format

From: Tarmo Toikkanen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Migrating translation files to .po format
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:39:13 +0200

We will need a utility to generate .po files from the original
vocabulary.py file. Translated .po files can either (A) be converted to
.py format or (B) read into memory when the system reloads the
translations.

Actually, we need to only generate one .po file - the original. After
that we can use the widely available utilities to generate and update
all other language files.

One possibility is to just get rid of the python files and just use
.po. If it turns out that loading a .po file into memory in Python
isn't too difficult, this is probably our best choice. We'll just need
to store the keywords in .po file comments or something.

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
http://www.iki.fi/tarmo/