fle3-users

Re: [Fle3-users] Fle3 version 1.4.3 released This file containstheerror

From: Tarmo Toikkanen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Fle3 version 1.4.3 released This file containstheerror log as well
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:58:26 +0300

What I can't do is click the link on my desktop and go to the artefact.

So you're making a link to a Jamming artefact? I've tested linking
with KB Notes, Jamming sessions and Jamming artefacts and they all
seem to work for me.

There is no html link available although the text is there.

Previously in the last version the link text was there but it was 'removed'.
This is fixed now but the link is not active.

Hmm... Are you sure you got the latest version of Cruft.py? Open it in
a text editor. The version should be 1.35. I made the first attempt at
fixing the bug in version 1.34 and with it I got the same result that
you're seeing. I fixed that in version 1.35.

If the link target isn't found in the database, two things should
happen:
a) the link is deactivated
b) there is a message after the link name saying that is has been removed

Additionally you could update WebtopLink.py (from CVS), since I've
added an exception handler there that will handle nonexistent targets
more cleanly. But that shouldn't affect this issue here. In fact, if
you have an internal link to an object that has been removed, you will
get an error message until you update WebtopLink.py. After the update
you will get the appropriate message.

The only way you can get an inactive link without the message that is
has been removed is if you don't have privileges to access that
object. For example if you look at a user's webtop that has links to a
course that you don't participate in, all links to that course will be
disabled. When looking at your own webtop it shouldn't happen unless
you have links to a course that you no longer are a participant of.

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
http://www.iki.fi/tarmo/