fle3-users

Re: [Fle3-users] Testing the version 1.4.6

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Testing the version 1.4.6
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:00:18 -0500

Tarmo Toikkanen wrote:
Yes, actually a link to announcements would logically be in the
webtop, at the same place as the links to knowledge building and
jamming for each course.

Would it be possible to have the link in the WebTop's course listing area, under the links to the *Notes* and *Artefacts*? For instance in the demo server it would be, as follows:

History of Fle3
_Notes_: 0 new / 2 total
_Artefacts_: 0 new / 1 total
_Announcements_

I think this makes sense. This is the place to look for latest events in the course. The only problem is that if you are simultaneously participating in very many course - let's say more than 5 - the list (and finally the page, too) gets very long.

To the shared course folders we have additional links (with the ones in the WebTop) in the end of the main pages of knowledge building and jamming. I think this would be pretty natural place for the announcement's link, too, but actually I think the WebTop's course listing is the best place.

        - Teemu