Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid synth patch for latest Jack

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluid synth patch for latest Jack
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:50:49 +0100

Ken Ellinwood wrote:

Hi Ken

The attached patch fixes a problem building with very recent versions of Jack
(I'm currently using the last Jack from CVS, but this patch should be backwards
compatible with whatever version of Jack you have installed, if any).

gunzip -c patch.gz | patch -p0
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-jack-support
etc

Thanks for the patch. Applied and commited it.

In order to keep fluidsynth connected to jackd, I have to run jackd with -r 41000.

Is it a sample rate problem or a xrun problem? What happens if you run
the synthesizer at 48kHz: fluidsynth -r 48000 ? Unfortunately,
FluidSynth can not yet change it's sampling rate dynamically after
connecting to jackd.

Also, I only hear output after manually connecting ports in jack...

jack_connect fluidsynth:left alsa_pcm:playback_1
jack_connect fluidsynth:right alsa_pcm:playback_2

You can ask FluidSynth to connect to the output ports immediately
with the -j flag.

Ken Ellinwood