Re: [fluid-dev] OS X midi possibilities

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] OS X midi possibilities
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 16:14:10 +0200

On May 19, 2004, at 5:31 AM, Joe Corneli wrote:

Hello -- summer has arived again and I'd like to see if I can get Fluidsynth and purely software midi (maybe Swami or Clavier +
MidiShare) working for me.

Joe

You'll find that fluidsynth is a program for all seasons.

Mac OS X.3.3 has built-in MIDI capabilities. In your utilities folder, there is a program called AudioMidiSetup. You will also find that Open Music System's IAC (inter-application communication) is also built into X.3.3. Check these out.

Both fluidsynth-1.0.3 (and -1.0.4-1) and SWAMI-0.9.2 work with MidiShare-1.87. Though I would suggest you wait for the latest version of SWAMI due out quite soon (tune in to the SWAMI development pages).

If this is not something that will work out of the box at present, please let me know where I can best apply myself to help make it a live possibility. If it is something I should be able to do with the current state of the art free software running under OS X, please let me know where I should be downloading and what compile time options I should use.

The fluid-dev archives also contain considerable details about this.

Ebrahim