Re: [fluid-dev] question - soundfont editing

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] question - soundfont editing
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 14:41:51 -0500

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 23:38, David McNab wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone please recommend a program for Linux which can easily take
> presets from one or more existing soundfont files, and compile them into
> a new soundfont file?
>
> I've tried swami, but it doesn't seem to support copy/paste of presets
> between files.

Actually, Swami does support copying Presets between files. You have
likely been thrown off by the non-standard paste feature. Basically
there is no "copy" command, you just select the items you want to copy
then right click where you want to copy them to, and "paste". I'll
likely change this in future versions to include a standard "copy/paste"
function. Future versions of Swami will also have built in Python
scripting, so that will be nice too :) Cheers,
        Josh Green