Re: [fluid-dev] Question - selecting font/bank/sound

From: Ken Ellinwood
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Question - selecting font/bank/sound
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:22:26 -0700 (PDT)

> IMHO, mapping 'bankselect-msb/bankselect-lsb/preset' to
> 'soundfont/bank/preset' makes absolute and total sense.

The problem here is that Soundfont IDs in fluidsynth are dependent on the order
in which they get loaded.  So if the loading order changes, different
bankselect-msb values must be used to get the same result.

In my opinion, specifying a bank offset when loading the soundfont is the best
option because a) it avoids the load order probelm, and b) its the way the SB
Live card works.

The SB Live card interface on Windows allows the bank to be chosen as part of a
soundfont loading process.  I'll take a look at the source to sfxload -- maybe
it worked at one point and can be fixed.

Ken