Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth segfault on gentoo amd64

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth segfault on gentoo amd64
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:36:55 -0700

Ok, I tracked down the problem, but I'm not sure the best way to fix it
yet.  Seems there is a macro in FluidSynth for aligning pointers to 16
byte boundaries which is failing on your 64 bit platform because its
casting the pointer to an int, which I suppose is 32 bits, thereby
trashing the pointer.  Aligning memory to 16 bytes is needed for things
like SSE and the like.  One obvious solution is just to remove the
macro, but this could break SSE, although its rather useless at the
moment I think (doesn't provide much speed increase).  I have yet to
figure out a nice portable way to align a pointer to a 16 byte boundary
(that also works on other platforms and compilers).  If anyone knows of
a way to do this, please let me know :)
        Regards,
        Josh Green