[fluid-dev] Re: SF2 loader from libInstPatch

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: SF2 loader from libInstPatch
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 17:48:07 +0200

Perhaps you didn't understand my point though.  I'm not suggesting that
you code with glib/GObject.  But more, that if there was a C++ binding
of libInstPatch, that you would use that instead of forking your own
branch of it.  Yes "vamp off" was probably left over from my initial
frustration and it really depends on what you do with the code that
determines whether that has any validity or not.

If you were using a libInstPatch C++ binding though, it would help the
development of libInstPatch indirectly (regardless if you had any part
to play in the C++ binding).  My frustration comes from the fact that
libInstPatch is a library, and is a library so that others can use it.
So question: if there was a C++ binding, would you use it?

As I've stated before, I completely respect your choice of programming
platform and don't particularly care to force anyone to use
glib/GObject.  I've also thought about moving away from it at times.
But the accessibility nature of it, has kept me using it.  If there ever
comes a time to port libInstPatch/Swami development, now is not that
time, since its not even seen an official release yet.

Best regards,
        Josh