[fluid-dev] C++ fork update

From: Miguel Lobo
Subject: [fluid-dev] C++ fork update
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 18:44:56 +0100

Hi all,

I see that the activity in the list has picked up again, so I think it may be a good time to update people on the state of the C++ fluidsynth fork I've been writing (in case anyone cares ;-)).

Due to a number of unexpected real life events the project has been going quite a bit slower than I hoped, but it is now getting close to a state where it can be released without embarrassing myself too much.

The main things I want to do before releasing a public pre-beta are:

* Fixing compilation errors (not many left).
* Getting the C bindings generated (easier than it might sound because the build infrastructure is already all in place).
* Some testing under Windows and Linux.
* Fixing any showstopper bugs that show under that testing.

I hope to be able to complete the above in a few more weeks (perhaps about five).  When it's done I'll announce it here.

If anyone would like more information about any particular point, please let me know.

Regards,
Miguel