Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth going dormant periodically?

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth going dormant periodically?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 01:18:09 -0800

Hello Ken,

Sounds like a strange issue.  But as you say, I'm not certain what state
the version of FluidSynth you have is in, since you also mention CVS,
which got switched over to subversion a while back.  I'd like to get a
better idea of how you are running FluidSynth though.  Are you running
the "fluidsynth" command line shell or are you running it inside of an
application such as QSynth or another program?  I'm assuming that when
it goes "dormant" it just never shows up in Jack or ALSA for connections
(in other words, its not like it just suddenly disappears, but instead
it never appears).  When this happens, is there anything different in
the fluidsynth shell or its output (any warnings, errors, etc?).  I
would think that if both Jack and ALSA didn't show up then there is
probably an issue occurring in the initialization.

If you could give the latest release a test though, that would be great!
You could always revert to your CVS version, if you find there are any
other issues.  But you could also help the project by letting us know
about them :)  Best regards,
        Josh