[fluid-dev] FluidSynth with Win32/.NET front end

From: Chris McLennan
Subject: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth with Win32/.NET front end
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:12:56 -0700

Hello FluidSynth group,

I have been testing FluidSynth and looking at the source for the last week or so under Win32.  I was really interested to see the --server option on the man page... but after looking at the source I see that this hasn't been implemented for Windows.  Has anyone already wrapped FluidSynth for use w/ Win32 or .NET apps?   Looking at the source, it's probably not a trivial amount of work to do this.  So I'm hoping if someone has done this they would be willing to share what they know?

FYI: I got some great sounding results with FluidSynth at a recording session over the weekend using a Dell PC w/ some generic sound card!  However, I had some latency that I could not get rid of and had to use a different synth module for tracking.   I'm going to try to install it on another computer and compare the latencies.  Any advice on this topic would also be great!

Regards,

Chris McLennan