Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth's volume is too "dynamic"

From: Sebastian Biallas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth's volume is too "dynamic"
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 00:51:49 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
The remaining problem (for me) is that "router_par2 0 127 0.5 32" only
increases the attack velocity but not the sustain velocity.

I think router_default and router_clear are probably working as defined.

I must confess that I don't understand the difference between router_clear and router_default as described in the user manual.

Are you referring to the sustain pedal in regards to velocity? I'm pretty sure a sustain pedal is just on or off. I'm a little confused still, about what you are experiencing. Is the volume during sustain just not loud enough, or something else?

I have a sustain pedal connected to my MIDI keyboard. The pedal is just a switch (either on or off) and should hold all keys even if they are released.

This works as expected w/o any routing rules.

After router_clear the pedal stops working (as if I disconnected the pedal)

After router_default it works again.

After "router_par2 0 127 0.5 32" the pedal still works, but now there's a difference between releasing the pedal and releasing a key.

Feel free to ask for more tests if you can't reproduce this.

Sebastian