Re: [fluid-dev] Making MIDI player read from a buffer

From: Jim Henry
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Making MIDI player read from a buffer
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 19:43:21 -0700

On 2010-10-19 09:47, Graham Wykes wrote:

Would there be value in looking at the patch than Jim Henry mentioned
(given that it has been effectively tested for many years by hundreds of
users of Miditzer) to see whether it is compatible with the current
code.

Good idea, can we have someone post it here? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

With any luck it may have fluid_synth_handle_porridge_event
already implemented ;-)

Eww, don't want to listen to the sound after that ;-)
The patch I mentioned was applied to FluidSynth 1.0.8. I can say with pretty good confidence that the patch has to be redone to work with the changes that have been made to FluidSynth since then. I would take the testing by Miditzer use with a grain of salt because that use is tightly controlled and consistent amongst the hundreds of users. So there isn't much breadth in that testing.

I have tried to revise and apply the Frappiat patches to FluidSynth 1.1.1 and I got as far as adding all the DLL entries and some of the easier functions so that the Miditzer community could test the core functionality of the new version of FluidSynth. However, I didn't manage to add the main function of returning the MIDI messages to the caller. I will send a copy of what I have to Pedro and anyone else who wants a copy of this for what it's worth.

Jim Henry