Re: [fluid-dev] Making 64bit Fluidsynth

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Making 64bit Fluidsynth
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:50:40 +0200

On Wednesday 27 October 2010, Dan Dietzer wrote:
> Can someone give me an idea of what I am missing trying to buld
> Fluidsynth for windows? I am using Cmake to generate the config files.
[...]
> I start MSYS and go into the Fluidsynth/build directory. When I enter
> 'make' nothing happens -- I am just returned to the prompt. Even 'make
> help' does not show the available modules.

You don't need MSYS to build FluidSynth using CMake in Windows. MSYS was
needed only to run "configure" and other auto-tools programs and scripts. I
don't use it, so I can't provide any advice other than removing it to save
disk space and headaches.

MinGW provides the compilers, utils, and a gnumake port: a program named
"mingw32-make.exe" that behaves a bit different than the make command provided
by MSYS. You need to instruct CMake to generate the correct Makefiles, either
with the command line interface using the parameter "-G" (generator), or in a
much simpler way running the GUI interface (cmake-gui). The first time you
press the "configure" button, or after removing the cache, it asks for the
output type.

Don't forget to read the FluidSynth Wiki:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/wiki/BuildingWithCMake

Regards,
Pedro