Re: [fluid-dev] First Try Failure

From: Lane Lester
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] First Try Failure
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 12:00:17 -0400

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Matt Giuca <address@hidden> wrote:
Just use -a alsa as a command-line flag to switch to the ALSA back-end. This tends to "just work" in my experience.

Well, before I try the "other" jack, my alsa try worked just fine:

~# fluidsynth -a alsa /usr/share/sounds/sf2/FluidR3_GM.sf2 At_The_Hop.mid

Would jack sound any better? The above sounds very good.

So, is FluidSynth a command line app? I'm not afraid of the terminal, but I prefer GUI.

Lane
--
Lane Lester
Codger's Cogitations: Reflections on Life and Faith