[fluid-dev] qSynth OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) Carbon Component deprecationP

From: Bax Bellru
Subject: [fluid-dev] qSynth OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) Carbon Component deprecationPrimary tabs
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 18:59:56 +0300

Hello, fluidsynth developers!

I've got a little problem and decided to drop you a message.

When audio driver is created via new_fluid_audio_driver function, xcode output drops that message :
This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h.

AFAIK it's a common issue right now and addressed to fluidsynth using Carbon framework. Do you have any ideas how to deal with that in feature releases since fluidsynth hasn't been updated for a long time? Should I dive into sources of fluidsynth and get it updated by myself? I'm not really good in this lib yet and don't know how to make it work on future releases.

Regards, Max