Re: [fluid-dev] Anybody using fluid_cmd_handler_register()?

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Anybody using fluid_cmd_handler_register()?
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 20:41:10 +0100

Thanks for your feedback, Element.

Any application that wants to extend the default shell commands must create a
fluid_shell from its own fluid_cmd_handler, afaik. Even this is a use case
which I consider to be extremely rare. Although there recently was an attempt
of adding fluidsynth's shell to QSynth, this seem to have failed because it's
impossible to know which UI controls would need to be updated as the
application cannot know about the semantics of the entered command. Thinking
about adding custom shell commands seems even more exceptional.

But ofc downstream may convince me from the opposite, in which case I would
probably hide fluid_cmd_t behind an opaque pointer.

Tom