[fluid-dev] Reformatting code base

From: Tom M.
Subject: [fluid-dev] Reformatting code base
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 21:28:24 +0100

Hi,

upstream has so far incorporated all patches that were submitted the last months and years. Since there has been no style guide effective so far, some parts of the code now look like an abstract piece of art¹. Because of this we've set up a style guide some time ago² and now might be a good moment to actually enforce this by reformatting fluidsynth's code base. All I need to know: Are there any pending patches for fluidsynth that downstream is currently working on? If so, please let me know, so I can postpone the reformatting to avoid any unnecessary merge conflicts in case you want to submit them. I know of one pending patch that Marcus is currently working on. If that stays the only one I expect the reformatting to take place at the very end of March. Until then please do not start any new coding.

The reformatting will affect the master branch (i.e. latest dev. version) only. The stable 1.1.x branch will stay "artful".

Tom

1: https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/issues/179

2: https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#style-guide