Re: [fluid-dev] Midi channel grouping for left / right audio channel in

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Midi channel grouping for left / right audio channel in single stereo
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 12:39:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, twice John

>Is it possible to do that from calling libfluidsynth library functions?

Yes it is, using fluid_synth_cc() function and sending a CC 10 (panoramic) as described by previous Tom's awswer.

Please see the wiki http://www.fluidsynth.org/api/synth_8h.html#a96b535f5acee6f807033d6cc9ccab555

Regards.

jjc.

> Message du 13/08/18 11:27
> De : "John John" <address@hidden>
> A : "Tom M." <address@hidden>
> Objet : Re: [fluid-dev] Midi channel grouping for left / right audio channel in single stereo

Thank you for the answer.

I am using fluidsynth as linked library within my Qt C++ based desktop application. Basically upon receiving midi messages I just call related fluidsynth note on/off functions. Now I would like to group these midi messages so that when midi channel = 10 then that note should be played let's say on left channel, and when midi channel is 5 then it should play on right audio channel for example.

Is it possible to do that from calling libfluidsynth library functions?

Thanks
Ivan

It's hard to help without knowing how you use fluidsynth. The easiest