freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Khanda tha etc.

From: Anirban Mitra
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Khanda tha etc.
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:18:46 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Kaushik Ghose <address@hidden> wrote: >
Helloooo.
> from the last few lines of the revised juktolist.txt
> I see that likhan and
> mitra actualy use Andy White's proposal in that they
> display
> ta + hashonto + zwnj = khanda-ta
>
> but, ta + hashonto + zwj doesn't give ta-explicit
> hashonto, but rather a
> smaller ta
I have used Andy's proposal in all my fonts (Mukti Ani
etc exept Mitra which is as yet grossly incomplete).
The reason being it made more sense than the official
Unicode proposition and possible to type using ITRANS
keyboard of Yudit [using t.h].
How could you explain khanda-Ta at the end of
"akasmat" is it is not considered a halant form ?

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com