freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] encouraging discovery about ttx

From: taneem
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] encouraging discovery about ttx
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:33:14 -0500

Deepayan,

ttx has an option to dump out all the tables in different files, and if you
substitue the glyph shape file with a different shape file (from some other
font) then it will generate a new OT font. This is of course ignoring the GPOS
issue, and some constraint (i.e. same number of glyphs in both fonts at the
same location, etc).  Earlier I my proposal was based on this.

As you are playing with ttx, maybe you can do a small test to verify this?

Also, when you say ttx fails to regenerate from a .ttx file, does the original
ttf file contained volt's extra tables? In that case you may want to try with a
font which is "shipped" through volt. As far as I remember, it worked for me.

Taneem