freebangfont-devel

[Freebangfont-devel] OTF Licensing issues

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] OTF Licensing issues
Date: 18 Feb 2003 23:46:37 +0530

Ho,
Today I talked to RMS abt the OTF issues.
He could not understand why wen needed OTF, but then he told me that if
it's a publicly defined format, we should worry about legalities.
Even if M$ has any patents, he told me that we should not worry much
since software patents are not yet valid in India.
..also, probably CDAC will be releasing some of their fons under the GPL
soon.
-sayamindu-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta [ http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/ ]

Speak out on social and cultural issues
                at
        PeacefulAction.Org
    http://www.peacefulaction.org

If a listener nods his head when you're explaining your program, wake
him up.