freebangfont-devel

[Freebangfont-devel] Re: Alignment of the glyphs

From: Guntupalli Karunakar
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: Alignment of the glyphs
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:06:57 +0530

On 29 Apr 2003 22:50:38 +0530
Sayamindu Dasgupta <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Today, while working on the "Checking out the translations in
> action" of the developers' guide, I was looking at the Bangla
> desktop. Apparently, for some reasons, the glyphs are not getting
> aligned properly, some of the letters are going up, while the others
> are going down. However, for some of the fonts, there seems to be an
> "optimal size" in which they do get aligned more or less properly.
> For example, in Sagar, this value is 12.
> (http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/banglaapps.jpg)
>
> Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?
> Arun/Karunakar - does this happen in Malayalam/Hindi as well?

On Redhat 8/9 its happening with both raghu & mangal fonts,
but on Morphix (based on knoppix) with X 4.3 & Gnome 2.2 its not
happening, I tried all font sizes, there were no alignment errors.
Mandrake also showed results like RH. Not sure whether its font side
issue or pango.

Regards,
Karunakar

--

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that

* Indian Linux project    *
* http://www.indlinux.org *