freebangfont-devel

[Freebangfont-devel] Andy's font

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] Andy's font
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:59:06 -0500

> You will find that the font is called Andy something. I have not got a
> release name for it yet. Please do not report that some of the conjncts do
> not work etc because I know! I haven't finished that part yet. Also the
> font is only partially hinted. Does True type hinting work on a Linux
> machine?

I think it does, but I'm not really sure (there are some Apple patent issues,
IIRC).

> All I really want to know is, does this font work on your machine and if
> so, how does it look like on your machine. Perhaps you could give a screen
> shot to the list?

Looks like it works just fine. Screenshots (no anti-aliaising, I think) at

http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/Bengali/WebPage/screenshots/andy.png
http://www.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/Bengali/WebPage/screenshots/andy.jpg

Deepayan

PS: Just FYI, in case you are using contextual substitution for the Initial
forms, that's supposedly not required (though the current uniscribe doesn't
work otherwise).