freebangfont-devel

[Freebangfont-devel] small bug in Indic rendering (Qt 3.2)

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] small bug in Indic rendering (Qt 3.2)
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:08:56 -0500

Hi,

there is a slight problem with rendering the characters

U+0964;DEVANAGARI DANDA
U+0965;DEVANAGARI DOUBLE DANDA

Even if an explicitly specified font contains these glyphs, Qt doesn't
necessarily use them. It seems that (I'm not very sure about this part) these
glyphs in a particular font are considered usable only if other glyphs of the
devanagari block are also present in the font. However, these characters are
punctuation marks that are supposed to be used by many other Indic languages.
In my case, I'm working with a Bengali font, with only these two glyphs in
the devanagari block defined.

Thanks,

Deepayan

P.S. I haven't checked this on the latest Qt, and I apologise if this has
already been fixed.